Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 2...if at first you don't succeed...

Wow was today ever an adventure! I am feeling quite tired and worn out. My mom got up and went for a run this morning. I enjoyed sleeping in! Then she came home and told me she had to run some errands with Gramma. So I curled up on the couch for a mid-morning snooze. Then came the whirlwind of a day!!

Mom packed me, my vacation condo, some snacks, and a fold-up chair and off to Expo Square we went for day 2 of the Tulsa Round Up Dog Show. I was completely cool walking into the show today. I didn't pull on my leash, or poop in the middle of the floor, like I did yesterday. Mom and I set up my vacation condo in the same spot as yesterday...I was right across from my buddy Thor. It was a big day for Thor. If he received a qualifying score he would get his CD (Companion Dog) title today. I was pretty cool all morning...mom and I practiced my heeling and some recalls throughout different times. I had a long time to wait until it was my groups turn in the ring. We were in a different ring today than yesterday. I really was pretty calm. I laid on my mom's lap for a bit, laid in my condo for a little bit and people watched, and walked around letting people admire my good looks. Then it was time...

Mom went to the orientation from the judge for our group. Everything seemed to be going status quo. I watched my buddy Thor...he did awesome. Mom took some video of his exercises:

HERE is Thor doing his on-leash heeling

HERE is Thor doing his stand for exam exercise

HERE is Thor's off leash heeling

HERE is Thor's recall exercise


He did awesome on his on-leash heeling! Well he did awesome on all of his exercises. I heard the judge report that he got a score of 189 total!!! That's awesome. Way to go Thor. I am hoping that I still get to see him from time to time. My mom tells me he may start going to a different dog school or at least be enrolled in different classes than me. Congratulations to Thor and his mom and dad (Karla & John).

My performance today was again recorded on my mom's phone. I told her to go ahead and put it on here even though it wasn't my best performance. I got distracted here and there but I always found my mom in the end...that has to count for something right?

HERE is my video from today.

Mom says 2 more days of the trial...we'll see what tomorrow brings...

No comments:

Post a Comment