Saturday, October 29, 2011

Boca II CD RN

Hey all!

I did it! I earned another diploma/title. I competed in my 2nd and 3rd trial in novice rally on Friday October 28th. Mom was nice enough to take the day off of work so that we could compete. I was excited because mom told me that the trial was going to take place at my very own do school!

During the first trial. I was all calm cool and collected before going into the ring. However, as soon as mom told me to heel I got a little excited and took off a little too fast and mom had to talk loud at the first sign so I didn't miss it. Once we got through about half of the signs I settled down. I wound up getting a score of 90. Hey, it was an improvement from the 89 I got at the trial in Fayetteville.

Well mom and I took it easy before the second trial. Then when mom was walking the course she came back and told me that the course was a little tricky and that I better pay attention to her. Mom took me outside to play and run out some of my nervous energy before it was my turn to compete. When we got back inside mom told me a bunch of dogs had "nq" (non-qualified) because they missed a sign. Now as the four-legged it's not our fault if the two-legged missed the sign. But after getting too excited during the first trial I knew I better pay close attention. Mom and I took the ring for our second trial. We both did great. I didn't think mom missed any signs am she didnt seem frustrated so I figured all was well. Our score got posted and I got a 98!!! We watched the other dogs go and what do you know? I did well enough to get 3rd place!! Also by getting my 3rd score of 70 or better I earned an "RN" (rally novice) title. It's very exciting. I had a great time!

Mom says the next title that I will go for is in novice agility! Now that I am over my fear of the teeter totter I think that title will be in my near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment