Wednesday, December 10, 2014

It's the Holiday Season!!!



Good Evening Everyone!
I was hoping to have a blog post done a couple of days ago, but I was waiting for my dad to get my videos published of my weekend agility trial runs before I posted.  I competed this past weekend for the first time in the Open level of an AKC agility trial in both the Standard Courses and the Jumpers with Weaves course.  There are a total of 3 different levels, Novice, Open and then Excellent/Master.  One major difference between Novice and Open is that I have to make it through 12 weave poles instead of 6. It's a lot of weaving if you ask me!  Another major difference, which my mom wasn't really prepared for is I didn't have a lot of wait time between my two runs.  When I competed in Novice I would run one of my courses and then have a couple of hours before I had to run again.  This past weekend I had maybe 30 minutes between my two runs. This was unexpected for my mom and me.  I did manage to get a perfect 100 and a first place finish in my first attempt at Open Jumpers with Weaves on Friday, which happened to be my first run of the whole trial.  Then I think I started to overthink those silly weave poles!  Here are some links of my runs so you can see me in action:


My Saturday Jumpers with Weaves Course

My Saturday Standard Course

My Sunday Jumpers with Weaves Course

My Sunday Standard Course

It was a learning experience for me.  I will get a chance to compete again in an AKC trial in March.  One of the coolest things that happened at this trial is I got to meet a family member.  A Dog family member that is.  Turns out I had a doggie nephew there and he did quite well. I would like to introduce you to Brody-Bear:





His granddog dad is my doggie dad! So he knows my grandma Julie!! He is a Kansas dog too!  He earned is Mach (Master Agility Champion) title this weekend on Friday! I was so proud of him!!!  It was so neat to meet a doggie family member from another state just by chance!

I am trying to get ready for Christmas.  I am going to be a lucky dog again and get to go to Florida to see my Uncle Tim and Aunt Jamie and cousins Nicole, Megan and Jason.  I will get to stay at my Gramma and Granddad's house.  I am not really looking forward to the long car trip, but I am looking forward to a vacation with my family!!

Thanks for all of your support in my agility adventures!

Keep those tails waggin'








No comments:

Post a Comment