Thursday, January 20, 2011

School's in Session!!





I am so glad that my mom is finally taking time to sit down and update my blog. So much has happened since my last entry. I think I'll start with my class at Tulsa Dog Training Club!! I am now enrolled in Novice II. I am sure you are all wondering what on Earth that means. Well my mom says it means something about lots of practice tests in order to compete in an Obedience Trial. I really enjoyed winter break, and really slacked off on my homework. I blame my mom, she didn't ever tell me it was time for school work, so we were a little rusty on the first day of school this session.

I appear to be the only "little" dog in my class. I am not sure why my mom calls me a little dog, I try to be like the big dogs. However, whenever any of my classmates come over to say hi, I realize that their heads are the size of my entire body. But, I am not intimidated. I can hold my own. My good friend, Thor, is back...he's a big black New Foundland breed dog. There are a couple of dogs that look like St. Bernards but mom asked what kind of dog they were, but all I remember is "mountain dog"...they really have a lot of stuff that leaks out of their mouth in class. I really like to sniff it as we are doing walking stuff. There are 2 German Shepards in my class, a border collie who seems really nice. There is a neat looking black and what dog, I have no idea what kind of dog she is, but I know her name is Crissy. And there is a standard poodle whose name is Jackson. I am really hoping to make some new friends during this class.

I am excited that Mr. Jerry is my teacher again. I hope to make him proud (and my mom too of course). The first class was pretty nutso. Mr. Jerry knew that none of us dogs had been practicing our homework over our winter break. So we really took the session to get used to each other and get back into the routine of practicing all of our cool dog skills.

During the week in between class, mom and I practiced quite a bit. I even did a little performance for my grandma and granddad. I felt prepared for class. I think I am doing okay in school. I got a little spooked when someone's leash hit the side wall, but other than that I did everything else in school I was supposed to.

Today was a fun day! There was a ton of snow on the ground today. I love playing the snow. My mom took some video of me playing in the snow and with "big dog friend", the weird noise (if it's there) would be my mom on her bike trainer with the tv on really loud in the background. I am glad to have a normal schedule again. I like when my mom is home during the day, but I don't really like to sleep when she's around. So now that she has gone back to teaching classes at TU, I can take some dog-naps during the day time. So I am well rested, and ready to practice all my cool dog tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment