Sunday, May 27, 2012

Another Title!!! Boca II CD RN RA

I did it! I earned my 3rd qualifying score in Advanced Rally at the Mid-Continent Kennel Club Round Up dog show.  I am going to have my mom combine some pictures from Friday's not so great performance and yesterdays success, just so you can get an idea of what I had to do and how it all went down.

First things first, mom takes me to the trial. As you can see there are dogs, and crates, and chairs, and people everywhere! It can be quite overwhelming for everyone who enters.













Then mom goes over to the ring that I have to do my thing in and signs me in (since obviously I can't write with paws) and gets a copy of the course I will have to do on that day.  The picture here is the course I did on Saturday to get my 3rd qualifying score.  You can see it's quite complicated and challenging.








This is what it looks like while mom and I are on the course.  I am supposed to be hanging out right beside her.  These pictures are from Friday's attempt. 
















I was right where I was supposed to be in this picture.  Right next to mom and trying to pay attention to where her legs move.













This is a picture that shows what it looks like when I get distracted.  I got a little bit ahead of mom, and then as you can see the orange sticking up behind me, I missed one of the signs.  I did a good job of paying attention to mom on Saturday.  I got a little ahead once but when she called my name I went right back and got in line.  You can see from the pictures there are 3 rings all connected so there are other dogs walking around and people moving and it's a lot to take in.  The other big thing are these gray mats! All of the 2-leggeds have commented on how gross they are...us dogs agree, but we can't help but sniff them.








 This was my judge on Saturday.  He was a nice man and smiley.  He didn't make nervous at all when I was in the ring with him.












He gave me my green ribbon, which indicates it was indeed a qualifying score!  Since I got my title, I won a travel mug too.  I'm not too sure how I am supposed to carry that around or even get my nose in it to try to drink out of it.  I guess I will give it to my mom.  She said she would buy me a new toy if I gave it to her.  I was pretty excited, as were many of my dog friends and 2-legged friends from school.  It was so nice to do well at the trial and get all of the pawsitive feedback!









One special thing about Saturday is that I got to see my friend Thor!!  I think he grew another foot or 2.  Mom took a picture of me and Thor and Thor's dad.  Thor was competing in Rally Novice.  For a first timer I thought he did pretty well!
















 I wanted to give mom one of my serious looks to show how studious I can be.  This is my look of knowing I earned my title, rather than my previous look of shock and enthusiasm.  I thought this was going to wrap up our day at the dog trial, but mom had another plan for me...













 I had to get my 2nd measurement for agility.  This is a scary contraptions.  I really liked getting measured on the table at Bridle creek better than everyone hunched over me with that silver stick thing on my back.  Obviously this picture isn't of me, this is the Corgi that was in front of me in line. You can see his mom is having to help him out too, just like I needed my mom to help me.  I was measured at 12".  My first measurement was 11 3/4".  All that means is that I now will always officially jump 12" high bars in agility.  My mom knew that already, phew.

I took the rest of Saturday off and celebrated my new title with a nice nap and a car ride with mom.  On Sunday and Monday I will give it a go in agility.  Mom says it's all pressure free.  That I just need to try it out with a big audience and people walking around and clapping and stuff.  We are just gonna go out there and have fun and entertain!

Keep your tails waggin'!





No comments:

Post a Comment