Sunday, May 20, 2012

Odds and Ends

Well hello everybody!
My mom has been really busy wrapping up the school year.  It's not that I haven't been doing anything lately, despite how the picture may look, but finding time where I was awake and alert and my mom was awake and alert and not busy has been challenging.  My mom is officially on her "summer break".  I, however, am not.  I am actually getting ready to have a very busy school weekend, but I'll talk about that more in a few. 

I have been working hard at school in both my Advanced Rally and Novice Agility classes.  Mom and I have been working so hard at school, that there aren't any recent pictures of my skills in action.  Perhaps after next weekend that will change.  Outside of school, I have been helping out mom lots.

On the weekends in April and May, I went to mom's work with her and helped guard the door so no one would be able to sneak up on here while she got her work done.  She had to write tests and grade papers.  Mom shared with me that she is going to try to write a children's book with me as the STAR, oh I mean main character.  That will be exciting and I am going to make sure to keep my paws in the mix.  I don't want to be misrepresented.

Mom has been really watching what she eats and trying to be healthy.  She has stated that I am on a doggie diet too, really?  So when it was a little cooler outside without so much sun, I took mom down to Riverparks for a walk.  I was such a good pacer!  There were times that I felt mom was starting to slack off a little, so I would move a little quicker and pull her along with the leash that connected us.  I didn't bark and any bikes, people, or other dogs while out on the walk.  I knew that I had a job to do...get mom exercising.  As you can see from the photo my mom took, I was working hard and my tongue was really hanging out.  The awesome part of this job was that when we got home, mom had made me some special doggie frozen treats that tasted like cheese!!  It was cold and one of my favorite flavors.  I hope the weather stays cooler in the morning or evening so I can continue to take my mom on walks.

Mom has also been working to get our house cleaned up.  It got pretty messy there as school was winding down for mom.  So while mom worked inside I, of course, guarded the outside of the house.  Now don't get me wrong, mom let's me have play time and does take breaks to play with me.  When I'm guarding the back yard, sometimes my friends come over to say hi.  My backyard friend by the shed is known as "Big Dog Friend" to my mom.  I don't really want to disclose his true name because he may not want anyone to know.  Next door in the back yard, there are 2 boston terriers that love to play "run the fence" with me.  I have actually got to play with them in the front yard a little bit too.  I think I prefer when there is a fence to run.

For now, I am trying to rest up, and thankfully mom is letting me, for my next dog trials!!  Coming up this weekend (Memorial day weekend), I will be competing in 2 different types of shows, 4 days in a row!  I am going to be competing in Advanced Rally on Friday and Saturday, and then my first Agility trial on Sunday and Monday.  This dog show is down the street from my house, so I won't have to go for a long car ride to get there.  If I can get 1 qualifying score out of the 2 days in Advanced Rally then I will have another AKC title.  My official name would then become:  Boca II CD RN RA.  I am only competing 2 days in Agility, so no chance of getting a title in that this weekend, but I could get a qualifying score, or two.  However, mom says we are doing the agility stuff this weekend just to get a feel of what it is like to hop in the ring for the first time for a score, with no warming or sniffing around or anything before hand.  I am a little nervous, and so is my mom, but we'll go and have a GREAT time! You are welcome to come watch.  There will be tons and tons of dogs around.  I compete early in the morning on Friday and Saturday and around 1-2 o'clock on Sunday and Monday in the agility ring. 

I am hoping that mom and I will find time to update you on my performances immediately following the trial.  Until then, keep those tails waggin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment