Sunday, December 5, 2010

My Very First Mouse Hunt



It was a pretty boring week, with a few exceptions...


My mom said something about having mice in our house. At first, I had no idea what this meant. And then on Wednesday night, mom and I were getting ready to call a day and I spotted a little critter hiding behind the bathroom door. I barked and barked, but the critter seemed to be frozen in time. Mom finally came to see what I was barking at, and gave an "aha" there is a mouse. We then called for reinforcements. Mom put some white looking trap things, and gramma brought over my 2 uncles and 1 of my aunts. They are cats. Gramma says that my feline aunts and uncles like to catch and eat mice. So we had a sleep over!!! It was sooo cool having my aunt and uncles at my house. They were a little freaked out at first, and did a lot of exploring around my house. While they adapted to my house, mom and I went for a walk with the Runners World group. My mom was so out of it, she forgot to put on some shoes she can run in, but it was a nice walk. When we got home, it was time for KU basketball to play on TV. We all settled in and watched the game. Here's a picture of my uncle Orion, who took over the huge recliner, and my aunt Hannah, who took over my window seat.




Here is a great picture of me hanging out with my Uncle Orion!! We have a little club called the "yellow and white" animal club. Can you guess why?




My mom took me to hang out at the Dog Agility Trial on Saturday and Sunday for a couple of hours. It looked like so much fun jumping over stuff and running around in the dirt. At first I was really nervous, but once I figured out how it all worked I just sat on my mom's lap and took it all in.




I had to cheer on the little Pomeranian as she ran through the course. If I could put a little vision bubble above my head that would show me acing the course!!



I hope to spend the rest of this Sunday unwinding and hanging out. Of course as soon as I typed this, my mom and I just heard a weird sound...Mom says we caught a mouse in one of those white things...Wonder if my aunt and uncles are coming over again....

No comments:

Post a Comment