Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Coma

Wow...have I ever had a busy 2 weeks. It all started with my mom leaving to go to some state called Pennsylvania. I got to stay with my Gramma and Granddad. I love hanging out at their house. They have 4 cats (my aunts and uncles). My Uncle Marcel kinda runs the roost there. He says he's top cat and I believe him, so does my granddad. I spent 5 days at my Gramma and Granddad's. As much fun as it is to be there, I don't follow my normal sleep schedule, so when my mom came to pick me up I was exhausted! I love to play. My Gramma likes to work out in her yard, and I love to be outside...so I helped gramma a lot!! Once I got back to my house, I decided it was time to rest and recouperate. Mom went to work for a bit and I took advantage of the peace and quiet.



I typically like going out to run with my running friends, but Monday I was still recovering so I didn't go. Once Tuesday came around I was ready to head out for a walk, so I decided to take my mom for a walk.



It was a nice day on Tuesday, so mom and I hung up our Christmas lights on the house. We were a little bummed that the colors of the lights didn't match, even though the packages looked exactly the same. I loved hanging out in the front yard, barking at squirrels and people walking by. I don't get to hang out in the front yard very often, mom says something about cars driving too fast. It didn't take as long to get the lights up as either one of us expected. I guess having done it last year, mom had a plan.



Mom went to work for part of Wednesday, I took advantage of that and slept and slept and slept. A dog's life can be quite hectic ya know...

Thursday morning...Thanksgiving...so excited I got to go to Gramma's for turkey. Mom said first we were gonna go walk/run at the Von Franken Food Run. All the people were saying it's cold, but I thought the weather was perfect.



I really wanted to run fast, but mom said she was walking because her body hurts. I don't get it, but I was happy to be out. There were lots of other dogs there. At first, I was a bit nervous but once we started moving with the group I just enjoyed the wind in my face. Mom and I only did 3 miles, but had a great time.



After our walk, mom and I went to Gramma and Granddad's for Thanksgiving. I had fun playing with Gramma and licking Granddad and hanging with my aunts and uncles. The turkey was super yummy. Then mom took me to visit my Great Granny. She lives in a place with a lot of other people. Mom said because I passed the Canine Good Citizen (CGC) test it was okay for me to be around all those people. Mommy, Gramma,and Granddad were so proud of how well I behaved. I sat on my Great Granny's lap for a long time. She hugged me and petted on me...we had good bonding time. Great Granny is cool.



Here's 4 generations of my family: Me, my mom, my granddad, and my great granny.



Here's me and my great granny.

I thought I would include the Christmas portraits my mom had made too. I kinda liked being a star..



2 comments:

  1. You've been a busy puppy, Boca. How do you keep your hair looking so good when you run? Mine gets all sweaty and looks awful.

    ReplyDelete