Friday, October 12, 2012

Doing "Boy Stuff"

Last weekend my mom went to run a long way somewhere else, so I got to spend the weekend at Gramma and Granddad's house.  I love hanging out with them at their place.  It used to be that when I spent time at their house, I would get to spend time with Gramma working in the garden.  Gramma is like me and likes to take in all the plants and water them and everything.  I think my way of watering them is much more efficient, but Gramma gets a long cord of some sort and attaches it to the house.  Well this past weekend, imagine my surprise when Granddad had a big project for us to work on!  They recently went out in the party wagon (well that's what my family calls a moving house of sorts).  So Granddad said he had some cleaning up and organizing to do. I, of course offered my superb assistance and supervisory skills.  It was great! We left the doors open so I could hop back and forth between the party wagon and the yard and keep tabs on everything just as a good supervisor should do.  Gramma was smart enough to grab a camera so I could share some photos of our hard working weekend.


First thing I did was assess the situation, that's what any good problem solver would do.  I shared with Granddad that I thought he had a real mess on his hands.  Granddad seemed a little discouraged, but I told him through teamwork we would get it taken care of.


 I then started thinking of a plan (or maybe it was a treat). Granddad could hear the wheels turning in my head I think so he leaned in for a closer listen.

Granddad looked utterly shocked at the brilliance of my plan (or maybe it was the amount of the work he was responsible for).  I, on the other hand never lacked confidence that it would work and that the mission would be complete.  Once I got Granddad started, I mean once WE got started, Gramma went back to doing Gramma things and we didn't get a picture of our finished project.  You can bet though that it looks fantastic!!!

Until next time, keep those tails waggin'!


Boca

No comments:

Post a Comment