Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pumpkin Carving Fun!!

Happy Fall Everyone!

I have been enjoying the cooler weather.  It still gets quite toasty with this fur coat during the day, but I can feel cooler weather coming.  Mom decided to mow the lawn today and then I wanted to go out and inspect it all.  Mom decided that we would carve a pumpkin for Halloween since it was so nice outside.  I had no idea what this meant as we haven't done this before.  I had mom take some photos to show the process.


First I got an upclose look at what mom called a pumpkin.  I liked that it was in the same color hue as my fur.

 I go well with pumpkins don't I?  Then mom said she was going to cut it up, that's what the word carve means...Hmmmm...I wondered if I was going to get to eat pumpkin.


 Ewww....The insides looked like a whole lot of spider webs.  I sniffed it, but moved away too quick before mom could get a picture.  I left the rest of the operation up to mom, but went and stood post so no one could see our secret mission.  I wasn't going to get my paws all gooped up in that stuff.

I told mom she needed to do something clever.  So we decided to put a witch on the pumpkin because it would be hanging out next to the ghosts in the front yard.

Mom snapped a photo of me on guard duty.  I made sure to get as close to the street as possible, but yet still a safe distance, so mom's work was top secret.

This is our finished product.  We can't wait to see it at night!! I liked pumpkin carving (except the sticky stuff).  I think mom should figure out how to carve a Boca in a pumpkin!

Send me good vibes on Friday, I'll be competing in Rally Excellent at my Dog club around noon!! Eek I'm a little nervous but trying to hold it together.

Keep those tails waggin'!

Boca

No comments:

Post a Comment