Monday, October 1, 2012

Fall Festivities

Good morning audience,

Well it has been almost a month since my last entry.  Mom and I have been pretty busy.  My mom also has been battling some illness, so I have had to serve doctor duties, and didn't want to press my luck with asking to do a blog entry.  We have been enjoying the cooler temperatures.  I especially have been enjoying riding around in my convertible.  I always find it funny that all these 2-leggeds point and giggle when they see me going down the road.  Then I figure it must be because they haven't ever encountered such a cute dog.  Mom says I definitely know how to turn on the charm. 





I hope that I get to continue to go for fun car rides throughout the fall season.  I get to go to dog school three days a week.  Now some of you may think, "wow Boca, you must have a lot of homework to do".  Not really!  My mom is apprenticing to become a dog teacher.  So on Monday night's I get to go and be a "demo dog".  This is a lot of pressure!  All the dogs in the ring and their 2-leggeds are staring at me waiting for me to do something amazing!  Last week, I think I clowned around too much though.  You know trying to make my performance filled with humor to hide that I was nervous that I would mess something up.  I have to own my smartness, and that mom and I have worked hard for me to be able to enter, compete and even win some dog trials.  Speaking of which, my mom entered me into two Rally Excellent trials on October 26th at my school and then two more the following Saturday November 3rd in Joplin.  I can't believe that I am already up to an "excellent" level.  Wish me luck!  I also get to go to dog school on Tuesday mornings to practice and learn my Rally Excellent skills.  Then on Thursday mornings I go for Agility.  My mom tried to get a video of how much I have improved in agility during my last class, but the 2-legged operating the camera hit the wrong button.

In addition to my school outings, I have been hanging out with a new 2-legged family.  Mom said that they heard about me and wanted to meet me.  So, I am always game to meet my new fans, and any chance for a car ride is a fun!  So during my last visit with Jill and Hal, mom snapped some pictures of how good I am at making any place I visit comfortable.


I really like their carpet as I think it matches the color in my fur specatcularly.  I don't get the purpose of hard wood floors.  I have a hard time walking on the hard wood no less jumping. My new friend Hal sits in a cool chair, so I asked my mom if I could sit in a chair too so that I could be closer to eye level with Mr. Hal.  She agreed and helped me into a chair (I couldn't jump myself because it was on hard wood).



 Even the chair matches my fur! I go nicely with their home!  Mr. Hal and I had a nice chat session.  We agreed that neither one of us would share with mom our discussion. Sometimes conversations are meant to be shared with "just the guys".  Mr. Hal uses a cool talking computer to talk to mom!  I wanted to get a closer look, and Mr. Hal was okay with me hanging out in his lap for a little bit.



We are quite a handsome pair.  Mr. Hal even dressed to match me!  I think I could figure out how to use his talking computer....well if I wasn't so wiggly.  It has been so much fun to make new friends.  Mr. Hal said I was even cuter in person.  This man knows his stuff!


Mom and I hope to get some new pictures of me in action at school soon.  Until then, keep checking back!

Keep those tails waggin'!

Boca

No comments:

Post a Comment